Having pork for Christmas dinner? Thanks to Millie, you can make Christmas dinner for your pup, too.
3 pounds pork meat
1 cup cooked, chopped (cut into very small pieces) organic green beans or organic shelled peas (Mummy tries to use organic whenever possible)
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
2 cups organic brown rice, cooked (Mummy cooks the rice in the left-over water that she used to cook the green beans…to get all the nutrients!)
1. Cut the pork into small diced pieces and saute in a lightly oiled pan (we use olive oil) over medium heat for about 20 minutes until no longer pink, and the meat juices run clear when pierced with a skewer.
2. Meanwhile…cook the green beans and set aside.
3. Cook the brown rice according to the package directions…this will take about 30-45 minutes.
4. Stir together the green beans (or peas) and rice.
5. Add the rice mixture to the cooked pork and serve over an amount of your choice over a high quality kibble of your choice.
6. Gobble up your food….Yummy, yummy in my fat tummy!
This recipe is from “The Healthy Dog Cookbook” by Jonna Anne and Mary Straus
We put any unused portions in small freezer size bags to thaw out as needed.