Since Thanksgiving is fast approaching, Twinkle’s popular pupcake recipe seems a perfect canine ending to Millie’s Thanksgiving feast. So, for those of you who missed it first time around, here is the recipe for Twinkle’s pupcakes!
· 1 egg
· 1/4 cup peanut butter
· 1/4 cup cooking oil /or replace with ¼ applesauce
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1/3 cup honey (optional)
· 1 cup shredded carrots
· 1 cup whole wheat or white flour
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). .
2. Combine the egg, peanut butter, oil, vanilla, and honey, if desired, in a large bowl; blend well. Stir in the carrots and mix thoroughly. Sift together the flour and baking soda and fold into the carrot mixture. Spoon cake batter into prepared muffin pan ~I use the foil baking cups for cupcakes.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Make frosting out of peanut butter and honey ~spread on lightly.
These freeze nicely. Freeze first, then put them in a ziplock bag so the icing doesn’t stick.