“Fiona & Neva’s Pork and Rice Dinner”
3 pounds pork meat
1 cup cooked, chopped (cut into very small pieces) organic green beans or organic shelled peas (Mummy tries to use organic whenever possible)
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
2 cups organic brown rice, cooked (Mummy cooks the rice in the left-over water that she used to cook the green beans…to get all the nutrients!)
1. Cut the pork into small diced pieces and saute in a lightly oiled pan (we use olive oil) over medium heat for about 20 minutes until no longer pink, and the meat juices run clear when pierced with a skewer.
2. Meanwhile…cook the green beans and set aside.
3. Cook the brown rice according to the package directions…this will take about 30-45 minutes.
4. Stir together the green beans (or peas) and rice.
5. Add the rice mixture to the cooked pork and serve over an amount of your choice over a high quality kibble of your choice.
6. Gobble up your food….Yummy, yummy in my fat tummy!
This recipe is from “The Healthy Dog Cookbook” by Jonna Anne and Mary Straus