MY GAL VAL’S PORK SURPRISE
4 Tablespoons Olive Oil, separated
1 pound pork cutlets…diced small
1 cup tiny diced carrots
½ cup diced celery
1 apple tiny diced
½ cup frozen butter peas (thawed and slightly mashed)
1 teaspoon parsley
1 9-oz. package frozen chopped spinach
2 Tablespoons blackstrap molasses
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup water
1/8 cup dried organic cranberries
2 cups cooked brown rice
- Brown pork pieces in 2 Tablespoons of the olive oil until golden brown…set aside.
- In the remaining 2Tablespoons of olive oil, sauté the carrots, celery and apple until tender…add the peas for an additional 5 minutes. Add the chopped spinach and stir until heated through.
- Add the parsley, molasses, salt, water and cranberries…stir until well combined…cook for additional 5 minutes…stir pork pieces into the mixture.
- Add the cooked rice.
- Let mixture cool and serve a small helping over a good quality kibble…watch your doggie gobble this UP!
- Store remaining mixture in ziplock freezer bags and thaw in refrigerator when ready to use….only store in bags what you will use in a few days, to ensure freshness when feeding.